Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Jasmine Star Workshop

I was nervous. So very nervous. I was about to meet a group of photographers at dinner the night before the Workshop. And these girls are amazing photographers. And Jasmine was going to be there too. There I was, just finished grad school in accounting, and I was entering a room filled with so much experience in photography. But when I walked in and met the girls, all those nerves were gone. That's how amazing this group was. I felt welcome right away and part of this group of photographers.

The next day was The Workshop. The. Jasmine. Star. Workshop. Ever since I first saw Jasmine's work I was inspired. Her creativity, passion and determination showed through each photo she took and each word she wrote. And I was getting the opportunity to learn from her. I never imagined just how much I would learn from Jasmine. It was truly an amazing day!!


Jasmine is so fabulous that she wrote each one of us a handwritten note!






Our models for the day were the beautiful Jihan and her handsome husband Joe.










Jihan's gorgeous makeup was by the lovely Vivian of All Made Up


JL Designs created this beautiful bouquet for the Workshop.










This blog post wouldn't be complete without a picture (or two) of Jasmine!


J*, JD, and all the girls: thank you, thank you, thank you! for an incredible day. I learned so much from all of you and am so blessed to have gotten to know you!!

10 comments:

karen June 27, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Beautiful photos!!! you are so talented!

binita patel June 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

loved reading your story. we should have chatted more... i mean we sat together all day AND at dinner... I was nervous too... was afraid I'd sound stupid if I opened my mouth. i'll say it again.. we should have chatted more!!! hope we can keep in touch.

Denise Saucedo June 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Gorgeous images!!!! Love your post girlie. Wish we could have chatted. I didn't get to make my rounds with everyone. But hopefully we will come to know each other more through our group and keep in touch. Good luck with everything!

Cat Mayer June 28, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Great shots Shannon!

Vanessa V June 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Really Nice Denisse! love those detail shots!

Mikaela June 29, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

So well said! And captured! Shannon it was so lovely to meet you and chat, we must keep in touch!! xo

Liz June 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

Shannon! These are such good shots! I can't wait to see how your business grows! Hopefully we will cross paths in the future :)

Dani Leigh/Sweet D! June 29, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

Great shots, Shannon!! Beautiful! It was so great meeting you! Wish we had more time to hang out and talk! Don't hesitate to contact me if you are ever in the DC area!

Jasmine June 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

You are too sweet! Thanks for coming out and making the day so perfect! xoxo

Carrie August 17, 2010 at 7:50 PM  

So cool! Loved reading about it.

About Me

Welcome to Shannon Ott Photography!
Please email me for your photography needs or with any questions at shannonottphotography@gmail.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP