Thursday, May 31, 2012

SO Engaged: Michelle & RJ, the proposal

Rose petals covered the ground and hundreds of tea light candles surrounded them as RJ got down on one knee and asked Michelle to be his forever.


I've known Michelle since she was born. She's my cousin, my friend, my Moca and Shelle-Belle. She rocks at playing Super Mario Bros and Mariokart, she's danced on stage with Brooks & Dunn, and she's awesome at playing our fave card game that we named Scandinavian Flyswat. She's the toughest girl I know and has the sweetest heart. For the past 2 years she's been happier than ever while dating RJ, and now she's found her happily-ever-after with him.

A few months ago RJ contacted me asking me to photograph his proposal to Michelle. After I stopped screaming with joy, I responded yes of course!! I was so honored and overjoyed to be able to be a part of and capture such a beautiful and important day in their love story. RJ and I sent secret messages on Facebook back and forth, planning when to meet and the details of the day. I met him at the proposal site two days beforehand, and he was so excited that the day was finally arriving and he could propose to his love.  I'm so thankful that RJ asked me to photograph the proposal, not only so that he and Michelle would have pictures to always remember that moment, but also because I got to know RJ more and I got to see how much he loves my cousin. And since Michelle deserves the best, I'm so happy to know that she will be marrying someone with as much love in his heart as there is in hers.

RJ picked a beautiful spot on the Concordia University campus in Irvine overlooking the city. A perfect place for a sunset proposal.

RJ enlisted the help of his friends Citalli and Sara and his sister Cheyenne to set up the proposal site. The girls and I lined up hundreds of candles and spread yellow and white rose petals to make the setting just as RJ imagined it. Yellow is Michelle's favorite color, so RJ made sure to include it in special ways. The girls did an amazing job decorating!



Michelle and RJ went out to dinner before the proposal to celebrate their two year anniversary. For his gift to Michelle, RJ made a wonderfully sweet scrapbook of their journey together. On the last page was a note that said "engagement photo here." Seriously adorable and so thoughtful!
















And now I'll let the pictures tell the story...































































Moca and RJ, congratulations on your beautiful engagement!! I am beyond happy for you both and can't stop smiling thinking about the wonderful proposal and your happy love story. You are perfect for each other and I'm excited for the next stage in your lives together! Let the wedding planning begin! I love you both!!

2 comments:

Michelle June 1, 2012 at 7:13 AM  

These are absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for being there to capture the moment! I'm so glad to have been able to share the evening with you. You are such a great cousin, and friend, and I cannot thank you enough for all you did to help RJ and my engagement be perfectly magical. I love you!!!!

ps: I'm thinking some of these we'll need to print - I have a page in my scrapbook that needs a photo ;)

Beth June 1, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

LOVE these photos! Makes me feel as if I was there as well. RJ put so much thought into this event, it's wonderful - just the way it should be. So overjoyed for you two. Love you, M. Now...wedding!! :)

About Me

Welcome to Shannon Ott Photography!
Please email me for your photography needs or with any questions at shannonottphotography@gmail.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP