Monday, December 5, 2011

SO in Love: Jessica and Bobby

It was a beautifully sunny day in Southern California in September. From the moment I arrived at the hotel Jessica was getting ready at I could feel the excitement in the air. Today was her wedding day. Today she would be marrying the man of her dreams. Today was going to be perfect.

I had the great opportunity to be a second shooter for Jessica and Bobby's wedding. My good friend Nicole of Chin Photography asked me to assist her as she booked her first wedding. I was thrilled to be asked to second shoot another wedding, and even more thrilled when I heard whose wedding it was. Jessica was my photo editor when I was a staff photographer on the university newspaper at APU. When she graduated, she trained me to take over as photo editor. I owe a lot of what I learned about Photoshop and photojournalism to her. And Nicole was the sports and design editor of the newspaper. So the wedding was a fun reunion for us!


Jes looked stunning as she had her makeup done.




Handamde hangers with brooches for each bridesmaid. I loved the detail Jessica put in everything, like having her bridesmaids write notes to her on the bottom of her heels!!


Her amazing garter from Etsy!




The dress. Beautiful.


I loved her reaction when she saw her dress hanging in the window.




Her bridesmaids said a beautiful prayer before they left the hotel room to go to the first look.


The picture of Jes going down the stairs is my favorite from the day. She exudes beauty and grace here.






























The ceremony and reception site was the beautiful Villa Del Sol in Fullerton.




Beautiful moment with Jessica her Dad and Mom.


Husband and wife!




















I'll end with this gorgeous shot of Jes working it!!

3 comments:

Cassie and Kevin Zonnefeld December 7, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

Great pics of the bride and groom. Jes was/is gorg!!!

Jes December 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

These are amazing Shannon! It was a fun little reunion of the photographers, and I'm so glad you were there! Thank you for capturing the special moments and the true emotion of the day - it's so fun to look at these and remember how special each part of the day was. Thank you!!

Daddy December 11, 2011 at 5:34 PM  

Awesome photos, BEAUTIFUL bride (although that seems kind of self-flattery, since she got her good looks from me...).
It was one of the top days in my life!And we SOOO appreciate family that traveled a long way to be there (and to officiate the wedding)
I especially like the photos with the red Mustang! I heard they tried to get an old Chevy pickup, but it was too fast to boost....

About Me

Welcome to Shannon Ott Photography!
Please email me for your photography needs or with any questions at shannonottphotography@gmail.com

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP